Friday, May 31, 2013

And a Lion!

Latest animal I've been asked to make...a lion for a 1-yr old girl named Halliday.  Made in bright yellows/oranges.  I looked around the net for images of crocheted lions, but didn't find one that I liked so thought I'd go freehand.  Oh dear...how am I going to make the mane?  Well, I started out by fur-stitch crocheting a cap to cover the head, but it was still looking strange....cute, but strange (showed a pic to a friend and was told it looked like a weird Simpsons character).


Ahh, I've got it...the mane needs to extend down around and under the chin!  Problem solved.  Very happy with how this turned out!




Love running my fingers through that luxurious mane!  Loved making this so much I've since made another 3!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I've been reading through your blog, and enjoy your fun narrative, and funny pictures. Your work looks neat and imaginative. I especially like PooPoo.

    ReplyDelete