Saturday, April 6, 2013

Expanding My Repertoire With Amikirin

After a few orders for different character cats and monkeys, I was asked to make a giraffe in anticipation of a friend's newborn baby.  We didn't know what sex the baby would be but decided on a yellow giraffe with a green feature.  A lot of crocheting and frogging (unravelling your crochet stitches when you make a mistake) later, I finished! I made short chunky arms, legs and tail and green spots for something a bit different and am so pleased with the final result.  Who knew that Giraffe = Kirin in Japanese?  Say hello to Amikirin!














5 comments:

  1. Did you create this pattern? Is it available for purchase? So, so cute! I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry, yes I made this up as I went along. Unfortunately I don't have a proper pattern written up, although I did take notes as I went along so if I can find them and get the time to write it up into a proper pattern I'll be sure to let you know. Thanks, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! my email is: kerry.joyce@gmail.com. I am working through my first amisaru, so much fun! Thanks for creating that pattern. I purchased it from etsy, such a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did find a similar pattern on this blog: http://littleredfoxyarns.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/zarafa-giraffe-free-pattern.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kerry, oh thanks for purchasing my Amisaru pattern, hope you're finding it ok to follow. The way I wrote it out is a bit unconventional (tried to keep it super simple), but I only wrote it out because people kept asking for the pattern. That other giraffe pattern you found does look very similar. My giraffe probably has a bigger head and shorter, fatter arms and legs. I'll email you when I can get mine written up, should be in the next few weeks, and I'll pop it on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete