Saturday, May 26, 2012

Prototype

I started out making my very first amineko using grey wool I had left over from failed attempts to make a scarf.  After dusting off the crochet cobwebs he slowly and surely started to take shape.  Bit by bit I pieced him together...and ended up with a dopey looking lump of a thing!  So unbelievably cute and likeable, I immediately fell head over heels for this little creature.  Alas he was kinda strange looking...short legs and arms sewn on too low.




So began my 2nd prototype.  A black cat with retro mustard and turquoise t-shirt.  This one turned out completely opposite.  So unbelievably and painfully KOOL.  That's right, kool with a K.  Just look at his expression!  No one messes with this Kool Kat.  They are brothers, always together, never too far apart from one another.  Being prototypes, they have been thrown, pulled, tugged, bitten and squashed.  They are survivors!  Amineko are very robust creatures, ready to take on the world!






















After these 2, I got busy starting on more...I wanted to make hundreds, I wanted to build an amineko army!  My plan was to make a whole heap and sell them at a market stall.  I posted pics of them on facebook, got a few orders, created my facebook page and got overwhelmed with the positive response.  Alas, as soon as they were finished I'd have to send them off into the big wide world.  So my market stall idea has been put on hold as has my amineko army.


























No comments:

Post a Comment