Monday, May 28, 2012

Photos

I really enjoy the challenge of trying to bring to life other peoples' ideas.  So far, I've had requests for a cat with a crochet heart on it, Superman, a ballerina, Princess Leia, a sporty cat, Where's Wally, geeky cat and various striped or t-shirted versions.  Each one takes a bit of planning and I love seeing these creations coming to fruition piece by piece.  Sometimes there's much trial and error (involving ALOT of unpicking and restitching) before I finally finish a cat, but just to see the end result brings a lot of joy to my heart and I feel like a proud doting mother.  It always tugs at the heartstrings a bit when I have to send them out to their new owners, but I'm just glad that other people get to enjoy these funny little personality-filled cats as much as I do.

Each one takes between 8-15 hours to complete (sometimes more).  I work on them in my spare time, fitting in an hour here and there so overall they end up taking around 1-2 weeks to finish.  I seem to have gotten quite addicted to making them and just wish there were many more hours in the day.  Happy crocheting everyone!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment